At Dermatology Associates of Northern Virginia, now a part of U.S. Dermatology Partners, we are dedicated to assisting patients in the Centreville area with their skin care concerns. We can give you younger, fresher looking skin using your very own blood platelets! We believe that the PRP injection rejuvenation benefits are worth the cost.
What PRP therapy is and how it helps your skin:
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy uses your own blood platelets and fibrin. After your blood is drawn, we use a centrifuge to separate the platelets and fibrin from your blood. This is then used in facial injections. Platelets are your body’s natural healers, stopping bleeding and making repairs to damage within the body. They also contain growth factors that help rejuvenate your cells. Once injected, new cells and collagen eventually form. It’s a subtle therapy, meaning that a more natural and gradual change is completed.
Benefits of PRP therapy for your skin:
- Results are long-lasting: Many people report results lasting up to 18 months.
- Minimal risk: Because it is your own blood, there is no risk of an allergic reaction or rejection.
- Helps minimize fine lines and corrects textural changes to the skin.
- Future treatments increase success, because PRP builds tissue over time, instead of breaking down like traditional fillers.
- Can be combined with other cosmetic dermatology treatments: Many patients see amazing results when PRP is combined with treatments such as lasers.
If you are interested in learning more about the services and treatments we offer, contact Dermatology Associates of Northern Virginia Centreville. We assist patients of all ages in our state-of-the-art facility. We provide medical and cosmetic dermatology solutions to men and women at both our Centreville and Sterling locations. Our Centreville location can be reached at (703) 222-2773 and is conveniently located in Suite #301 at 13880 Braddock Road. We accept new patients who are ready for quality, comprehensive dermatological care.