Many people wish they could turn back time. For a lot of people, that wish centers around a time when the mirror didn’t reveal so many signs of aging. At Dermatology Associates of Northern Virginia, now a part of U.S. Dermatology Partners, we are dedicated to assisting patients in the Centreville area with their skin care concerns. Chemical peels, also referred to as skin peeling treatment, can diminish many of the signs of aging on the face, hands, neck, and chest. We can also use peels to treat some other skin conditions regardless of age.
Facial peel uses:
- Acne: Some types of acne respond favorably to peels.
- Age spots.
- Discoloration (blotchy or uneven skin tones) and dull complexions.
- Rough textured skin.
- Sun damaged skin.
- Fine lines.
Results of skin peel treatment:
- Fewer lines and wrinkles.
- More even skin color.
- Brighter complexion.
- Smoother skin.
How to get your best results:
- Use the aftercare moisturizer that we recommend at the times directed. This keeps your skin moist and ensures more effective results.
- Don’t use a tanning bed or other type of indoor tanning. This inhibits proper healing after a peel.
- Apply sunscreen daily. This helps maintain and extend the results.
- Let us know all the medicines you take, including antibiotics, acne medicines, over the counter medicines, and any herbal supplements or vitamins you take.
If you are interested in learning more about the services and treatments we offer, contact Dermatology Associates of Northern Virginia Centreville. We assist patients of all ages in our state-of-the-art facility. We provide medical and cosmetic dermatology solutions to men and women at both our Centreville and Sterling locations. Our Centreville location can be reached at (703) 222-2773 and is conveniently located in Suite #301 at 13880 Braddock Road. We accept new patients who are ready for quality, comprehensive dermatological care.