You have grown up hearing that UV rays are bad for your skin, too much exposure can lead to skin cancer. At Dermatology Associates of Northern Virginia, now a part of U.S. Dermatology Partners, we are dedicated to assisting patients in the Centreville area with their skin care concerns.
Conditions UV light therapy treats:
- Psoriasis: A possible autoimmune disorder where your immune system attacks your skin skills, causing skin to thicken and scale.
- Vitiligo: the destruction of pigment-producing cells causes This, causing patchy losses of skin pigmentation.
- Atopic dermatitis: An allergy-related skin condition which causes itchy and scaly patches of skin.
Types of UV light therapy:
- Broad band UVB light therapy: UVB rays are delivered into the skin. This slows the growth of affected skin cells.
- Narrow band UVB light therapy: This uses UVB light that releases a smaller range of ultraviolet light. Studies show that narrow band therapy reduces psoriasis quicker than broad band therapy and can produce longer remissions.
- Ultraviolet A: This penetrates deeper than UVB rays.
- Consultation: We always meet with our patients individually for a full examination and discussion of treatment options. We tailor your treatment to you and your lifestyle.
- UV therapy is applied in our office, ensuring the highest level of safety.
- Multiple treatments will be needed to effectively clear up the skin disorder.
If you are interested in learning more about the services and treatments we offer, contact Dermatology Associates of Northern Virginia Centreville. We assist patients of all ages in our state-of-the-art facility. We provide medical and cosmetic dermatology solutions to men and women at both our Centreville and Sterling locations. Our Centreville location can be reached at (703) 222-2773 and is conveniently located in Suite #301 at 13880 Braddock Road. We accept new patients who are ready for quality, comprehensive dermatological care.