Micro needling is one of the newer and more innovative non-surgical anti-aging treatments. Many are beginning to hear of it, which leads to a lot of questions. At Dermatology Associates of Northern Virginia, now a part of U.S. Dermatology Partners, we are dedicated to assisting patients in the Centreville area with their skin care concerns. We believe in the results of micro needling and feel the benefits are worth the cost of the procedure.
What is micro needling?
We use an electric skin needling device. Very fine needles are rolled across your skin, which can break down old scar tissue and encourage new skin cells to grow. As the new growth occurs, it causes new tissue layers of collagen fibers and new capillaries to form.
Effects of micro needling on your skin:
- You will have improved skin texture.
- The appearance of wrinkles is drastically reduced.
- Deep scars can be improved. New collagen helps to even out depressed scar tissue so that it matches the surrounding skin.
- It can improve the appearance of stretch marks.
- It will reduce the size of your pores.
Benefits of micro needling:
- Your circulation is improved.
- New collagen production is stimulated.
- The needles are made with titanium, which reduces potential for metal allergies.
- It can be used on any area of the scalp, face, or body. This makes it ideal for even fragile areas like around the eyes and on the neck.
- A cost comparison to other facial rejuvenation methods (such as dermal fillers or laser treatments) shows it to be more cost-effective.
- In thousands of procedures performed worldwide, minimal side effects have ever been reported.
- Within hours, all post procedure redness fades and your skin returns to normal.
If you are interested in learning more about the services and treatments we offer, contact Dermatology Associates of Northern Virginia Centreville. We assist patients of all ages in our state-of-the-art facility. We provide medical and cosmetic dermatology solutions to men and women at both our Centreville and Sterling locations. Our Centreville location can be reached at (703) 222-2773 and is conveniently located in Suite #301 at 13880 Braddock Road. We accept new patients who are ready for quality, comprehensive dermatological care.