Sometimes, patients have a little unwanted fat in an area that doesn’t seem to respond to traditional methods such as diet and exercise. This stubborn area can cause patients to feel extremely self-conscious about their body, especially during swimsuit season. If you are a man or woman who has excess fat on the body and wants to address it without liposuction or plastic surgery, you may want to learn more about a treatment known as Coolsculpting available for patients in the Centreville, VA area. At Dermatology Associates of Northern Virginia, now a part of U.S. Dermatology Partners, we are dedicated to assisting patients in the Centreville area with their skin care concerns.
What is Coolsculpting?
The team at Dermatology Associates of Northern Virginia provides Coolsculpting as a plastic surgery alternative. This treatment is based on cryolipolysis. Cryolipolysis is a procedure during which the fat cells of the body are frozen. This is achieved with the Coolsculpting device, which freezes the fat cells while leaving the skin protected. The entire procedure is done while patients relax on the treatment table and the device works its magic on fat – typically around the midsection area. This treatment is best for the abdominal area.
Is Coolsculpting safe?
Definitely! Coolsculpting has been proven as safe and effective and is cleared by the FDA for the use of body sculpting. Coolsculpting has been used by many of our patients who continue to enjoy treatments to achieve the body they’ve always wanted. While one treatment can be used to see some results, the best option is several sessions over the course of time to target the problem area. Drs. Mattay and Talanin work with patients to ensure they achieve the results they want. Patients can consult the team in regard to how many sessions may be needed.
What are the benefits of Coolsculpting?
The advantages of Coolsculpting include:
• Coolsculpting is a procedure that is done without anesthesia because patients are completely comfortable throughout their sessions.
• Coolsculpting targets unwanted fat in a specific area and is much more effective than diet and exercise, which affects the body as a whole.
• Coolsculpting is cleared by the United States Food and Drug Administration as an effective method of treating unwanted fat on specific areas of the body.
• Coolsculpting is completed quickly and easily in the office without any downtime or recovery needed.
• Coolsculpting does not have any side effects other than redness and discomfort in the treatment area for a brief time following the procedure.
• Coolsculpting is a more affordable option for patients ready to improve their body contours.
• Coolsculpting does not require cutting or result in scarring as traditional plastic surgery methods do.
• Coolsculpting can be performed just once or several times, depending on the results patients want to achieve with their treatment.
Is Coolsculpting right for me?
We encourage patients to ask our team of professionals if they are appropriate candidates for Coolsculpting instead of undergoing invasive plastic surgeries. Many patients will find that this targeted treatment is one of the best ways to enhance the body without having to deal with the risk of scarring and infection. This treatment is in high demand as patients see the results others are achieving with this solution.
How many sessions will I require?
During your initial consultation appointment with Drs. Mattay and Talanin, it is important for patients to discuss what they would like to achieve with this treatment so that a recommendation can be made in terms of how many sessions may be needed to do so. This and other questions can be addressed during the evaluation in our practice.
If you are interested in learning more about the services and treatments we offer, contact Dermatology Associates of Northern Virginia Centreville. We assist patients of all ages in our state-of-the-art facility. We provide medical and cosmetic dermatology solutions to men and women at both our Centreville and Sterling locations. Our Centreville location can be reached at (703) 222-2773 and is conveniently located in Suite #301 at 13880 Braddock Road. We accept new patients who are ready for quality, comprehensive dermatological care.