At Dermatology Associates of Northern Virginia, now a part of U.S. Dermatology Partners, we are dedicated to helping individuals achieve the results they desire and offer a variety of treatments including platelet rich plasma therapy.
Reasons for hair loss:
- Pattern baldness: While typically impacting men, pattern baldness can also affect women.
- Scarring alopecia: This is permanent hair loss.
- Alopecia areata: Doctors believe that this type of hair loss is an autoimmune disorder.
- Telogen effluvium: An emotional or physical shock causes hair to suddenly fall out.
- Traction alopecia: Styling your hair into tight styles can weaken the root and cause hair to fall out.
- Poor nutrition.
- Chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
What PRP therapy is:
Platelet rich plasma is your own blood plasma, concentrated. It contains almost five times the number of platelets found in your normal blood. Platelets contain growth factors that assist in healing and aid in blood clotting at the site of a wound. Doctors have been using PRP in medicine for at least two decades. If your hair follicles or roots are healthy, then your hair will grow healthy. If PRP is introduced to the area of damaged hair follicles, the body begins to heal the “wound,” leading to hair growth.
If you are interested in PRP therapy, contact Dermatology Associates of Northern Virginia Centreville. We assist patients of all ages in our state-of-the-art facility. We provide medical and cosmetic dermatology solutions to men and women at both our Centreville and Sterling locations. Our Centreville location can be reached at (703) 222-2773 and is conveniently located in Suite #301 at 13880 Braddock Road. We accept new patients who are ready for quality, comprehensive dermatological care.