At Dermatology Associates of Northern Virginia, now a part of U.S. Dermatology Partners, we are dedicated to helping individuals achieve the results they desire and offer a variety of treatments including PRP therapy. That’s why we offer PRP therapy in an innovative and effective solution for hair regrowth.
Why is a hair regrowth method offered by dermatologists?
Many people think dermatologists only deal with the skin. However, dermatologists are specialists in diagnosing and treating diseases of the skin, hair, and nails. We can diagnose the cause of your hair loss and determine if PRP therapy is the solution for you.
PRP stands for platelet rich plasma. This therapy uses your concentrated blood plasma. Platelets are one of your body’s defenses against infection and injury. Doctors have been utilizing platelets for treatments of different conditions for decades. We take some blood from you, then spin it in a centrifuge to separate the platelets. We inject the platelets into your damaged hair follicles, which then heals the damage, renewing hair growth in the affected areas.
Causes of hair loss:
- Chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
- Traction alopecia: This typically affects women who wear their hair in very tight hairstyles, like pony tails.
- Pattern baldness: This tends to affect men mostly, but can also affect women.
- Telogen effluvium: This is caused by emotional or physical shock that can cause your hair to fall out.
Why we are the right place for you:
- We have consistently been voted Top Doc by the Washingtonian and other publications.
- We provide individualized treatment. We do in-depth consultations to ensure we are prescribing the most effective treatment for you.
If you are interested in PRP therapy, contact Dermatology Associates of Northern Virginia Centreville. We assist patients of all ages in our state-of-the-art facility. We provide medical and cosmetic dermatology solutions to men and women at both our Centreville and Sterling locations. Our Centreville location can be reached at (703) 222-2773 and is conveniently located in Suite #301 at 13880 Braddock Road. We accept new patients who are ready for quality, comprehensive dermatological care.