Some skin conditions are clear-cut and easy for even a non-trained individual to determine what it is (acne). At Dermatology Associates of Northern Virginia, now a part of U.S. Dermatology Partners, we are dedicated to assisting patients in the Centreville area with their skin care concerns.
What makes eczema so hard to diagnose?
Eczema isn’t just one health condition, but multiple types of skin reactions. There are at least eleven different types of skin conditions that cause eczema. Treatment depends on the cause of your eczema. These conditions cause chronic itchy, dry, and thickened skin.
Some skin conditions that cause eczema:
- Irritant dermatitis: This is caused by exposure to products and substances that are irritants to you.
- Allergic contact dermatitis: Often, when our bodies come into contact repeatedly with allergens, our immune system triggers eczema.
- Stasis dermatitis: This is commonly found on those with poor circulation in their legs and is on the lower part of the legs.
- Fungal infections: Fungus causes an eczema reaction. This can be determined by examining a scraping under a microscope.
- Scabies: This is an infestation of itch mites.
- Xerotic (dry skin) eczema: Skin can crack and ooze if dryness is excessive.
The best eczema treatment:
As can be seen by the different triggers, treatment will depend on the underlying cause. We are committed to creating individualized treatment plans that work!We take our time in the initial consultation to fully evaluate and interpret the underlying cause. We then determine the most effective treatment path for your specific symptoms. These two things are the most instrumental in effective relief of your symptoms.
If you are interested in learning more about the services and treatments we offer, contact Dermatology Associates of Northern Virginia Centreville. We assist patients of all ages in our state-of-the-art facility. We provide medical and cosmetic dermatology solutions to men and women at both our Centreville and Sterling locations. Our Centreville location can be reached at (703) 222-2773 and is conveniently located in Suite #301 at 13880 Braddock Road. We accept new patients who are ready for quality, comprehensive dermatological care.