Did you know over 30 million Americans have eczema? If you do, you aren’t alone. Anyone, from babies to the elderly, can experience eczema and its nasty effects. At Dermatology Associates of Northern Virginia, now a part of U.S. Dermatology Partners, we are dedicated to assisting patients in the Centreville area with their skin care concerns.
Symptoms of eczema:
- Dry, sensitive skin.
- Red and inflamed skin.
- Extreme itching.
- Rough or scaly patches of skin.
- Crusty or oozing areas of your skin.
- Swollen areas.
What eczema is:
A skin condition in which patches of skin become inflamed and rough. The skin can itch or bleed. Often, there isn’t an obvious cause. Although no cure for eczema exists, we have multiple options to treat it. We will tailor a treatment plan to your individual needs and will keep working until we find the solution for you.
Some treatments we utilize:
- Skin care products that we have found effective in combating the effects of eczema
- Prescription medications such as topical corticosteroids.
- Phototherapy: This is where we use controlled light to treat the areas most affected by eczema.
- Education: We also help you figure out things you can do on your own to help control eczema symptoms. Things like, establishing a daily skin care process, managing your stress level, and keeping from scratching and rubbing your skin. Irritation can make eczema symptoms worse.
While no cure for eczema exists, Dermatology Associates of Northern Virginia, believes that each person deserves an individualized treatment plan that addresses their specific problem and helps minimize or eliminate symptoms.
If you are interested in learning more about the services and treatments we offer, contact Dermatology Associates of Northern Virginia Centreville. We assist patients of all ages in our state-of-the-art facility. We provide medical and cosmetic dermatology solutions to men and women at both our Centreville and Sterling locations. Our Centreville location can be reached at (703) 222-2773 and is conveniently located in Suite #301 at 13880 Braddock Road. We accept new patients who are ready for quality, comprehensive dermatological care.