Although Botox is highly popular among salons, spas, home parties, and medi spas, it is important to choose a provider that will administer the injectable safely and effectively. According to the American Academy of Dermatology, receiving Botox treatment in a non-medical setting or buying it online can be extremely dangerous. The product should require a medical license to purchase. There is a specific amount that should be administered to certain treatment areas in a precise and gentle manner. At Dermatology Associates of Northern Virginia, now a part of U.S. Dermatology Partners, we ensure the safest treatments at our Centreville and Sterling offices.
Providing excellent care
Our board certified dermatologists, estheticians, and cosmetic coordinators have served patients for more than 20 years. We have been recognized in publications such as the Washingtonian for our exceptional care. Both of our locations continue to receive top marks from our patients for providing excellent care to Northern Virginia residents.
Learning about Botox
We are happy to explain the basics of Botox to help patients decide if it is the right treatment for them.
- Relaxes the affected muscles to soften wrinkles and lines
- Is used to treat lines on the forehead (frown lines), lines at the corners of the eyes (crow’s feet), and frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines)
- Has many uses including treating excessive underarm sweating
- Has no reported serious side effects such as breathing or swallowing problems
- Requires no downtime, allowing patients to resume normal activities immediately after treatment
- Is administered quickly and effectively, allowing patients to receive treatments during their lunch breaks
- Delivers results that typically appear within 7 to 10 days after the initial treatment and last 3 to 6 months
If patients want to explore their candidacy for Botox, they should schedule a consultation. Their skin will be carefully examined. They will be asked about their goals and their anticipated outcome for treatment. Their medical histories will be reviewed to ensure they are good candidates for treatment. Plans will be tailored to meet their individual needs if Botox is right for them.
Embracing the benefits
A more youthful appearance is one of the many benefits of Botox treatment. Our patients appreciate Botox because no surgery is required to help them achieve their goals. They know we can include Botox in their overall skin care plan to help them maintain an attractive look.
If you are interested in Botox injections and learning if they are appropriate for you, contact Dermatology Associates of Northern Virginia Centreville. We assist patients of all ages in our state-of-the-art facility. We provide medical and cosmetic dermatology solutions to men and women at both our Centreville and Sterling locations. Our Centreville location can be reached at (703) 222-2773 and is conveniently located in Suite #301 at 13880 Braddock Road. We accept new patients who are ready for quality, comprehensive dermatological care.