If you have noticed signs of aging, you may wonder what is the best way to combat them. There are multiple products promising to minimize fine lines and wrinkles. Most people have heard of Botox, maybe you are wondering if Botox costs are worth it. At Dermatology Associates of Northern Virginia, now a part of U.S. Dermatology Partners, we are dedicated to assisting patients in the Centreville area with their skin care concerns.
What is Botox?
Botox is a form of botulinum toxin type A that has been purified. It works by blocking the pathway of nerves that contract muscles. This minimizes and softens the appearance of wrinkles.
The wrinkles Botox is most effective on:
Botox works best on wrinkles that appear when you are moving your face. This means Botox is great for forehead furrows, frown lines, smoker’s lip lines, and forehead wrinkles.
Tips to maximize your Botox treatments:
- If you take ibuprofen or aspirin, you are more likely to get a bruise at the injection site. Your blood thins out with these medications. Stop taking them two weeks prior to your treatment.
- Make sure to inform us of any medications you take.
- Don’t get a Botox treatment at a spa or party. These are becoming more popular. We have the training to provide the exact amount you need and to monitor any possible risks or adverse effects.
Benefits of Botox:
- Non-surgical solution to lines and wrinkles.
- Decreases excessive sweating: You may want Botox for your wrinkles, but a surprising benefit is that it can decrease the amount of underarm sweat.
- Proven to lift the brow: Botox will lift your brow over time. This will give you a more youthful expression and a less tired appearance.
If you are interested in learning more about the services and treatments we offer, contact Dermatology Associates of Northern Virginia Centreville. We assist patients of all ages in our state-of-the-art facility. We provide medical and cosmetic dermatology solutions to men and women at both our Centreville and Sterling locations. Our Centreville location can be reached at (703) 222-2773 and is conveniently located in Suite #301 at 13880 Braddock Road. We accept new patients who are ready for quality, comprehensive dermatological care.