Some things serve as reminders of beautiful events in Fairfax, VA. The dried corsage, the graduation tassel, your senior yearbook are examples. But, adolescence can leave us with bad memories too. Some of us carry reminders of acne. At Dermatology Associates of Northern Virginia, now a part of U.S. Dermatology Partners, we are dedicated to assisting patients in the Centreville area with their skin care concerns.
How acne can leave its mark:
Scarring can be linked to your inflammation response. People who experience “secondary inflammatory responses” tend to scar easier than those with “single inflammatory responses” to trauma.
Types of acne scars:
- Ice pick scars: Deep pits that extend into the skin.
- Boxcar: Angular scars with sharp edges that resemble chicken pox scars.
- Rolling: The skin has a wave-like appearance. They are wide and shallow.
- Hypertrophic: Raised and lumpy.
Some treatments used:
Why we’re the best:
- We take the time to do an in-depth initial consultation with you. During this time, we will diagnose the type of acne scar you have, which helps narrow down which treatments will provide the best results. We also take the time to explain all your options to you.
- Dedicated to providing caring and compassionate treatment to each individual patient.
- Our clinic and doctors consistently receive awards for our excellent treatments and customer service,including being voted as a Washingtonian Top Doc.
- Excellent follow-up care:We want you to have success! We can recommend the best aftercare to take, and monitor results closely to achieve your desired outcome.
If you are interested in learning more about the services and treatments we offer, contact Dermatology Associates of Northern Virginia Centreville. We assist patients of all ages in our state-of-the-art facility. We provide medical and cosmetic dermatology solutions to men and women at both our Centreville and Sterling locations. Our Centreville location can be reached at (703) 222-2773 and is conveniently located in Suite #301 at 13880 Braddock Road. We accept new patients who are ready for quality, comprehensive dermatological care.