Great Spots to Play in the Shade This Summer in Austin
With so many fun things to do in Austin, it’s a great place for parents to play outdoors with their children. In the summertime, however, the sun and heat are extra harsh, so it’s best to keep playtime to shady spots. Even in the shade, don’t forget it’s still important to protect children from the sun.
We polled our staff members to come up with this collection of some of our team’s favorite shady spots in Austin. Have one to add to the list? Post it in the comments below!
- Clarksville splash pad
- Pease Park playground
- West Enfield public pool
- Deep Eddy (select areas)
- Some Texas State Parks have more covered areas. For a small visit fee, you can access these “improved and protected” outdoor areas, many of which are near lakes and rivers
- Rooster Springs Elementary School in Belterra neighborhood
- Legend Oaks Park
- Playgrounds of Eanes elementary schools, especially Cedar Creek and Forest Trail
- Lost Creek Park playground
- Central Market North Lamar playground
- Circle C playground
- Mayfield Park doesn’t have a playscape, but they do have peacocks, lily ponds and very well-shaded trails
- Zilker Botanical Garden has shaded trails, fun water features, little bridges, and a dinosaur garden
About U.S. Dermatology Partners Brodie Lane
At U.S. Dermatology Partners Brodie Lane, formerly Evans Dermatology, our team of medical experts provides the very latest in dermatology care for the entire family, along with state-of-the-art treatment for skin diseases. As the leading treatment center of psoriasis in Central Texas and the largest dermatology practice serving South Austin, Texas we focus on caring for your medical needs including acne, psoriasis, eczema, and skin cancer, while also providing high-quality cosmetic services. Our patients enjoy compassionate and efficient care in our comfortable offices.