Today, women and men are devoting a little extra attention to their appearance to get ahead in business and for romantic appeal. It is simply an investment in self-esteem. Many options are available to these savvy individuals in the Dulles, VA area at Dulles Dermatology Associates, now a part of U.S. Dermatology Partners. Microneedling face treatments are quickly gaining popularity.
What is it?
Microneedling face treatment is a well-tolerated procedure, and topical numbing cream can be applied for patients with extremely sensitive skin. The handheld device has many hair-fine sterile needles. The clinician adjusts the pen so that the needles just prick the surface of skin. With each pass over the treatment area, the needles create microscopic punctures.
Skin needs collagen and elastin to stay smooth, soft, supple, and firm. As we age, our bodies produce less of these fibrous proteins, while UV exposure depletes existing stores. Microneedling face treatment prompts the body to boost production, to heal these tiny punctures.
This natural therapeutic reaction makes microneedling ideal for rejuvenation of:
- Pigmentation spots – freckles, sun spots, and melasma.
- Fine lines and wrinkles anywhere on the face. It can even be used in delicate areas such as crow’s feet around the eyes, and periorbital lip lines.
- Dark circles and puffiness under eyes.
- Acne scarring – recent or old.
- Dull, tired complexions – skin becomes radiant!
Is it safe?
In the care of the trained, experienced professionals at Dulles Dermatology Associates it is very safe. Microneedling side effects are virtually non-existent since the technique is:
- Drug-free. It utilizes your body’s own healing processes to rejuvenate skin beautifully.
- Non-ablative. Surface skin is not removed, so there is no downtime following treatment. Just a bit of temporary redness.
- Safe for all skin types and tones. There is little to no risk of scarring, even on richly-pigmented complexions.
- Extremely beneficial. Microneedling increases penetration of topical serums, solutions, and creams for increased effectiveness.
Stunning results last three to six months. Most of our Dulles, VA patients are so pleased, that they make periodic microneedling face treatment part of their ongoing skin care regimen.
Get started on your new complexion with a call to Dulles Dermatology Associates at (844) 357-3376 .
Click here to Request an Appointment!