We have all heard the word Botox. Celebrities talk about it, jokes about it pop up in movies, co-workers and friends rave about it. What isn’t often discussed is exactly how Botox works.At Dermatology Associates of Northern Virginia, now a part of U.S. Dermatology Partners, we are dedicated to helping individuals achieve the results they desire and offer a variety of treatments including Botox injections.
What Botox is:
Botox is a neuromodulator made from botulinum toxin type A, a purified protein. Neuromodulators block nerve signals between the brain and the muscles that have received the injections. Botox used in cosmetic treatments relaxes the muscle movement, reducing or eliminating the appearance of wrinkles.
Procedure used for Botox treatment:
- The first step is always a consultation. During this, we discuss what you hope to achieve through treatment, what treatments we offer to help achieve that goal, and the process of each procedure. Our goal is helping you to gain confidence in your appearance.
- Our Board-certified physicians have undergone intensive training to understand facial anatomy. We will decide the best muscle groups to treat with Botox.
- Receiving an injection of Botox only takes a few minutes, and can be done over a lunch hour.
- For two to three hours afterwards, we strongly recommend that you do not rub the treated area.
- Within a week, you will see your wrinkles smoothed.
- Quick and convenient
- Minimal side effects
If you are interested in Botox injections, contact Dermatology Associates of Northern Virginia Centreville. We assist patients of all ages in our state-of-the-art facility. We provide medical and cosmetic dermatology solutions to men and women at both our Centreville and Sterling locations. Our Centreville location can be reached at (703) 222-2773 and is conveniently located in Suite #301 at 13880 Braddock Road. We accept new patients who are ready for quality, comprehensive dermatological care.