What is Restylane?
Restylane is a sterile gel. It consists of non-animal hyaluronic acid. It’s made in a laboratory. Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance found already in your skin. It’s considered to have one of the best safety profiles of all the fillers on the market.
Why does it work?
Hyaluronic acid is a molecule that helps keep skin full and hydrated. Because of this, Restylane rejuvenates and adds volume to the treated areas.
What Restylane can do for you:
- Can soften the “parentheses” around the nose and mouth.
- Soften smoker’s lines around the mouth.
- Hide lower eyelid bags.
- Smooth skin wrinkles and acne scars.
- Soften the lines from the nose to the mouth (called “marionette lines”).
- Add fullness to the cheeks, temples, or chin.
- Enhance lips with a natural look.
- Rejuvenate the eye area by lifting brows and upper eyelids.
Benefits of Restylane:
- Long lasting: Most patients average about six months before follow up treatments are needed.
- Immediate: While it takes a few days to settle in for optimal results, most patients are happy with what they see within 24 hours of treatment.
- Minimal downtime: Most patients return to their regularly scheduled activities with no after-effects and without anyone noticing.
If you struggle with eczema, or need a diagnosis and to discuss treatment options with a professional, contact Dermatology Associates of Northern Virginia Centreville. We assist patients of all ages in our state-of-the-art facility. We provide medical and cosmetic dermatology solutions to men and women at both our Centreville and Sterling locations. Our Centreville location can be reached at (703) 222-2773 and is conveniently located in Suite #301 at 13880 Braddock Road. We accept new patients who are ready for quality, comprehensive dermatological care.